
August 1, 2006
A day I would never forget here in San Beda, It is called the Freshmen Integration Day. UI have heard so much of this day, thei said that many things will happen
but I'd like to tell my own experience....
It was before the integration day that I am cramming up to what I will wear and what will I bring to school... I've texted my blockmates and there were no replies. so I started to sleep around 10 p.m. hoping that I'll receive a response from them. I woke up at around 3:30 am knowing that my auntie won't go to work, It means I am all by myself to commute. I've checked my phone and I received numerous texts from DM and Kem informing us what to wear and bring...
I went to school feeling a bit excited but terribly nervous, I wore working clothes because they said so... ^_^
After long hours of waiting, we were assembled at the grandstand and asked or "commanded" to cover our eyes with the hanky, and then it started!!
Soy sauce, Fish sauce, raw egg, Vinegar!!! they just pour it on us. They made us sing, jump, tease others, yell unscrupolous words. at first it is irritating to obey, because of the foul smell, and disgusting feeling. but after awhile you will get used to it. and we enjoyed it... HAHA!
after that was the so-called military camp, where we had many obstacles to went through and guess what were in there... Ganun parin!!! haha! with live frogs nga lang!!! hahaha!
after the obstacle was the departmental lunch, I felt I couldn't because of my smell and disgusting look but I was really hungry so I ate it all!
we rested and then finally the grand finale came, the MENDIOLA RUN!!
our department was the last in line, we ran through the gates and shouted on the top of our lungs . it was very fun being with my blockmates screaming and shouting out, many people were looking at us but it is okay haha!!!!
after the Mendiola Run, was the Red Baptism where a fire truck was waiting for us, giving a baptism of water to the freshmen. It was fun bathing with the water coming in the fire truck..
It was a memorable experience for me that I will keep here in my college life... sa susunod ulit..
I'll share to you the cheer I've learned from my department:
IT SEX MACHINE!!!!!