Saturday, November 10, 2007

Death

Death is like a thief in the night, you'll never know when will it come

as i ponder on this, I have come to realize that death is true, that it will come out of nowhere, this past few weeks where sad memories for me seeing some of my friends have experienced death in their very own family.

I thank God for life but also I asked Him for myself to be ready with death. I had always said to myself that with the help of God I will be ready, but what if it was my mother, my father, my sister or anyone in my immediate family? will I be ready?

Cherish the moments with them, Say I love you to them, stay happy, this are some of the things that pops into my mind in order for me to not think of death.

also, what I had learned from my previous school, Don Bosco Makati, is a spiritual exercise that even St. John Bosco used, it is the Spiritual Exercise for a Happy Death, I would like to share it with you, you can use and include it in your prayers:




PRAYER TO OBTAIN THE GRACE OF NOT DYING AN UNPROVIDED DEATH

O most merciful, by your agony and sweat of blood and by your death, deliver me, I beseech you, from an unprovided death O most kind Jesus, by your scourging and crowning with thorns, by your Cross and most bitter passion and by your goodness, I humbly beseech you not to let me die suddenly without the Holy Sacraments. O most loving Jesus, my Lord and my God, by all your sufferings, by your precious Blood and most sacred Wounds, by those your last words uttered on the Cross: " My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" and by those others: "Father, into your hands I commend my Spirit, " I beseech you to deliver me from a sudden death. Your hands, O Redeemer, have entirely made and fashioned me. Grant me, I pray you, repentance of my sins and a happy death in your grace, so that I may love you with my whole heart, praise you, and bless you for all eternity. Amen.