Saturday, April 10, 2010

Graduation Column

Writing Light

Opinion

Ryan Ajerico Andaya

Heaven’s ultimate reward

“I write the light.”

Four years have passed and I still cannot believe I had the chance to write in this formidable student paper.

First and foremost, for everyone who is wondering why writing light is my column name, I could say that these are words that defined my existence in this institution. It gave me another view on life and created another calling in me. That is photography; the word “photo” in Greek means light while “graph” is to write or to draw. Basically, it implies that without light there is no photograph.

These crimson walls gave birth to my photography; taking pictures of people, things, events, and so on. It continues to broaden my knowledge and understanding about different aspects of life.

*************************************************************

To my brothers and sisters: Anthony, Lady (Purpz), Geline, Lew, Bok, Mhadz, Boye, Shieryn, Richard, Adam, Gerly, Dino, TJ, RJ, Kem, LJ, Ian, Gary, Charles, Kaith, Arjel, Darren, Raul, Jeorge, Dre, Jawo, Kelvin, Franz, Mark, Weet, Dereck, Gboy, Sherwin, Paolo, and the rest of 4AIT, thank you for believing in me and for being there always.

To the next IT greats: Leo, Chot and Irwin, thank you for the memories. I will always be your kuya.

To my mentors in San Beda: Engr. Totie Aler, Prof. Rey Caranguian, Prof. Ester Cuaresma, Prof. Erwin Acorda and Prof. Josephine Prudente, thank you for imparting your knowledge to us. I will never forget your words of wisdom.

My brothers in light, my masters in photography: To Magic, thank you for the endless advices and for the lessons I have learned from you. You are still one of my idols. To Kel, since the day we became classmates in high school, based on your unwavering stories and secrets about girls, I believe that one day “she” will come.

My nursing friends: Jen and Irene A. for your support and stories you shared, thank you.

Further, I would like to extend my undying gratitude to my friends in Laguna: Chynna, Ate Kaye, Dom, Ate Tin, Kuya Dann, Kuya Kim, Kuya Randy, Kuya Ran, Kuya Stephen, and the rest. Thank you for the prayers.

To APS, I salute you all. Just like what I said to Julius, your section has a lot of potential leaders. Keep up the good work. To Bibay, thank you for the stories and secrets we’ve shared and hopefully, a lot of stories will come our way.

To my new-found Bedan friends: April, thank you for sharing your stories. Elle, remain kind always and thank you for being so appreciative and friendly. To Desiree, I thank God for knowing someone like you. You are a high-spirited and a beautiful woman. I wish the best for you. Thank you for believing, and hopefully we will have more photo shoots in the future.

To Red Lens: A big thank you to you all and to photography.

To my second family in San Beda, my brothers and sisters in ink: Thank you for accepting me not only in this publication but also in your hearts. You know a lot of things about me. To my big sister Danna, thank you for accepting me. To the future of this paper: Nevin, Pax, Jonathan, Jeck, Nissi, Gary, Aly and Jen, love the paper as I have loved it. The future of The Bedan is in your hands now.

To JV, Justine, Enzo, Pao, Aaron, and Khryc, thank you for the advices and laughters. Walang kalimutan mga kaibigan.

To Julius: Someday that special girl who will love you for all the days of your life will surely arrive. Believe! Thank you for the advices, stories and laughters. Still, I expect more stories about your girls.

To Marj and Mark, stay in love. I salute your relationship. Thank you for those movie nights and “chill” sessions. Utang ko sa inyo ang lahat. I will miss the pressworks and the endless discussions about issues inside the school.

To the whole Andaya and Soriano clan, thank you for the prayers and support. To my Lola Zening, for giving a reason for my Papa to attend my graduation, I will not forget you.

My one and only family, Mama, Papa, Tita Edios and Kit, thank you for the support and the love. Sorry for being a headache sometimes. This one is for you.

It may seem that these are not heaven’s rewards. But for me, having people inside this institution gave me a treasure like no other that I will cherish forever.

Whatever the future will bring, all of you will remain not just in my mind but also in my heart. Please do pray for me as a new chapter will begin in my life. God be with you. This is not yet goodbye, but see you all in the next shoreline.

XXX