As I had said to you dear friends a while ago, in my journey to a healthier self, last Saturday I told my Big Mama to buy me some vegetables. I handed her 200 pesos and poof! she went to the local market.
Then, last Tuesday I ate my lunch, lo and behold! I had blanched broccoli, beans, carrots, baby potatoes (which I bought at a supermarket near in our place) and some (not-so-healthy) fried chicken strips. No dressing of any sort was added.
If you'll ask me how did it taste? It was GOOD! Without rice (which is a staple food in every Filipino table) it was a different feeling in my tummy. I felt full without the nauseating effects of white rice from a full meal.
Then, last Tuesday I ate my lunch, lo and behold! I had blanched broccoli, beans, carrots, baby potatoes (which I bought at a supermarket near in our place) and some (not-so-healthy) fried chicken strips. No dressing of any sort was added.
If you'll ask me how did it taste? It was GOOD! Without rice (which is a staple food in every Filipino table) it was a different feeling in my tummy. I felt full without the nauseating effects of white rice from a full meal.
![]() |
| Blanched broccoli, beans, carrots, baby potatoes |
This is my way of really living a healthier lifestyle. Wish me luck!
