Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Mamamatay ka rin

today is February 6, Ash Wednesday, start of the Lenten Season in the Catholic Church.
start of fasting and abstinence.

"Off topic muna"

for the past 2 years and this year would be my third, i am offering or sacrificing things for this lenten season, back then in 2006 I promised not to drink softdrinks starting Ash wednesday up to Easter sunday of that year, it was successful (hehe). I cut short large amounts of sugar intake in my body. :D

Year 2007, I lessen the intake of rice from my meals. it was somewhat successful because there are times i really need carbohydrates for my body.

this year I am planning on something, "to really help in our household chores" hehe. now that our helper went home to get married. why I chose this? because honestly, I am lazy in doing this chores here at home. I just did not help myself and sacrificed, I also help my mother and auntie. naakss!! :D

What is with this blog's title?

Every morning I read a Spiritual Reflection book I bought last January, I was strucked with the title of today;s reflection " MAMAMATAY KA RIN"

here are 3 points from the reflection:

"Mamamatay ka rin! whether the priest says, "Repent and believe in the Gospel" or "Remember, you are dust, and to dust you will return," that men have to shape up so as to be prepared for the shipping out which eventually will come.

Mamamatay ka rin!the imposition of ashes is meant to make us be acquainted with our own mortality. Life on earth is temporary and it has be seen as a time of preparation.

Mamamatay ka rin! the challenge is for us to do something about our lives on earth. we are dust, and to dust we will return.

Tremble with that thought, then shape up. "




ash wednesday

Art Credit: ~twong
http://twong.deviantart.com/