Saturday, September 07, 2013

Dreams (Part 2)

I attended the Stanford roadshow last Monday evening (September 2) at the Makati Shangri-la hotel. Thsi was sponsored by the Stanford business club of the Philippines. I was astounded because there was really a business club here in the PH from Stanford, the only one I knew was Harvard business club of the Philippines.

Present were the alumni (I was shocked because there were many Pinoys!) Two that I remembered were Jimmy Laya (chairman of Philtrust bank) and Earl Valencia (founder of Ideaspace). There were still more, mostly entrepreneurs but I forgot the names.

One thing I noticed with them was that they were confused of their lives when they were starting, one alumnus was a doctor, he went to medical school for 5 years but still decided to go to Stanford to take his MBA (how awesome is that! and also time-consuming). But after they took their MBA they had the direction or the thinking of what they really want in their lives. Almost all of them were entrepreneurs now.

For me, Stanford so far is the best choice. I dream of owning a company/ business and giving jobs to my fellow Filipinos. Also, I want to disrupt the healthcare, and telecommunications industry, to teach also to future students.

So far, financing this endeavor is a burden for me, I am hoping to keep this dream alive. wish me luck. :)